Casino Domains for Sale and Betting Affiliate Sites for Sale
A premium domain for online casinos and betting websites has an important significance in establishing a strong online presence. It can foster trust and enhance brand recognition. Since a domain serves as the digital storefront, it will create the first impression for potential bettors and gamblers. The term “premium” implies that a domain name is:
- memorable, recognizable, and brisk
- directly relevant to the casino/betting industry.
These three factors can offer a competitive advantage in an overcrowded online business industry.
Benefits of a Premium Casino Domain
A premium domain significantly contributes to building trust because of the three aforementioned factors. Thus, if the name is concise, memorable, relevant, and recognizable, it can instill confidence in visitors and significantly improve their trust. After all, trust is what the betting and gambling industries cherish as a unique business asset. A domain name can also perform other functions:
- convey a sense of professionalism and legitimacy
- build and maintain brand recognition
- facilitate organic growth of the number of visitors to the website
- decrease the costs for paid advertising because search engines often prioritize domains that are relevant, concise, and reflect the content of the website
- build well into marketing campaigns, promo materials, and targeted ads.
So, a premium domain for online casinos and betting websites is not merely a web address: it is an integral component of the overall brand strategy. Thus, adopting a decision to invest in a premium domain is a part of the company’s long-term strategy.
Examples of premium casino domain names for sale would be the following:
Examples of bad domain names are:
Would you agree that everyone is much more attracted to the good names above than to the bad ones below? Nobody would ever even try to bet on betting affiliate site for sale places that promise one’s loss, bad luck, or that have a confusing name. What’s especially true is that gamblers and bettors would not want to spend their money and time in online casino domains for sale with names that have nothing to do with the targeted gambling/betting business, such as:
Finding the Perfect Casino Domain
When choosing online casino or sports betting sites for sale, it is crucial to follow certain key aspects:
- The name shall be relevant to one’s business goals, vision, brand, and identity.
- It shall be short, sounding well, and memorable.
- It shall not be odd, laughable, gruesome, or repulsive in the markets where one’s business is planned (because some things in one language can naturally sound bad in another language).
- If SEO optimization is a strong part of one’s business promotion, the name might have keywords included.
- Avoid special symbols, like hyphens, exclamation marks, dollar signs, asterisks, underscores, parentheses, brackets, colons, commas, carets, apostrophes, quotation marks, slashes, hashes, etc. Also, avoid numbers unless they are a part of the name of a gambling venue or a betting company.
- Check the availability of casino domains for sale — some of the wanted good names may be already taken and not for sale at the moment.
- Consider future expansion. What if one’s business grows in the future to embrace new markets, audiences, and types of businesses? Will the chosen name be still relevant in the long run? Surely, it is hard or impossible to foresee a future rebranding as far as several or tens of years in the future but it is at least worth a try.
- How does a name align with one’s target audience and whether it corresponds to their expectations and dreams?
- Are there any legal considerations that must be taken into account in specific geos? For instance, some countries may ban the usage of certain words, characters, or their combinations in the domain and legal names of gambling venues and betting establishments.
After selecting any domain name (or a few candidates), one shall test it (them) with relevant audiences and make amendments if required.
Types of Casino Domains Available
Although there are many domain names for casinos and sports betting sites for sale, they can all be boiled down to 9 kinds:
They include the name of a gambling/betting brand as its main part. Examples: Bet365 (https://www.bet365.com/), William Hill (https://www.williamhill.com/), MGM (https://www.mgmresorts.com), Caesars (https://www.caesars.com/), The Stars Group (https://www.starsgroup.com/), etc. They are short and focused on the creation and support of the brand name. They also rarely or never include in their domain names anything other than the name and, maybe, such words as ‘casino’, ‘bet’, or words reflecting the nature of their business wing if it is broader than just iGambling, such as ‘resorts’, as the case with MGM.
Such a casino or betting affiliate site for sale would include keywords specific to the gambling/betting industries, like slot, casino, gamble, win, money, spin, game, online, etc. Keywords and keyphrases can be specific and general but the more specific they are, the better the chances to differentiate the domain name of a venue from competitors. Examples: onlineslots.com, slotspalace.com, pokerwinning.com, casinobonusarena.com, megajackpotplace.com, or macaupokerandcasino.com. Such names are good for organic and paid SEO promotion while also good for memorizing by gamesters.
Niche-specific names of venues highlight the specificity of their business in any area, which makes them stand out. It’s, if you wish, their shticks, which are seldom on the market or a specific geo. That can be accepting crypto payments, focusing on high rollers, providing only retro games (with low-quality graphics or old-looking), collecting casino games of only one genre (such as poker, baccarat, blackjack, or slots of only one theme, like Ancient Egypt), or focusing on VR/AR experience, etc. Examples of such domain names could be cryptocasinogames.com, highrollerclub.com, retroslots.com, or vrcasino.com.
These names are oriented at a specific market (continent, country, region inside a country, or even an individual city). That highlights the venue’s focus on certain geo groups of gamblers and their specifics. Examples: vegascasino.com, londongamingclub.com, tokyocasinoexpress.com, sydneyharborbets.com, montecarlojackpots.com, or asiabetting.com.
These names convey a sensation of action, excitement, a wonderful pastime in a gambling/betting venue, large wins, and associated things. They engage users with their dynamic name and content and set thrilling expectations. Examples of names are spinforthrill.com, pokerfrenzy.com, blackjackrush.com, or actionpackedgambling.com.
These names are only relevant for a specific period of time, most often, a year or decade. They are more like promotional or temporary domains that are destined to serve one purpose, like, the promotion of a new event, such as holding a tournament or opening a new place of gambling. Examples of names: casinovegas2023.com, grandgame2022.com, luckyyear2024.com, 2023hugejackpot.com. Picking such a name as a constant name of a gambling/betting venue is not a good idea unless you want to deal with the hustle and bustle of every year’s renaming.
- Community/social.They emphasize a sense of community or social interaction, suggesting a platform is more for interaction than for gambling/betting. Examples of names:
These names focus on the promotion of things like bonuses, rewards, special offers, or events of a one-time nature. Such names are capable of attracting those gamesters who are excited about bonuses and novelties. Examples of names:
The name might incorporate technology-related terms used in a venue (like VR or AR) or some notion that’s specific to this casino or betting venue (like using cryptos or just some specific crypto for payments (like DOGE), or just some specific method of payment, like Interac or Jeton). Examples of names: cryptopaymentcasino.com, blockchainbets.com, mobilepaygaming.com, ezeewalletcasino.com, vrjackpotarena.com, techsavvypoker.com, or bitcoincasinogames.com.
Where to Buy Casino Domains
Buying ready-made sexy-sounding and appealing names is not that straightforward task. Script sale site football betting does not exist, so one shall undergo a manual search process to find a good domain name.
First of all, it is possible to contact us: our experts will gather your requirements to the venue’s name and offer multiple options to be selected at a fair price. Actually, addressing professional companies like ours is the best solution because it economizes time, effort, and budget. Also, specialists know domain name restrictions in various geos and are experienced enough not only to pick something from the existing assortment of available options but also to cover the entire process of coming up with a good name based on business needs, wishes, and restrictions. Specialists of our company can put their expertise in market and niche research, and pick the domain name based on a range of criteria of business and legal restrictions of geos, euphony, global perspective, and long-term usage of the domain name.
It is possible to go through that process on your own by visiting websites that sell domain names and picking what’s available. That is a time-consuming process with in-house name selection efforts but it is still a feasible choice for those companies who’d like to save money because of tight budgets. A few such domain name registrars are https://www.godaddy.com/, https://www.namecheap.com/, https://www.bluehost.com/, https://www.name.com/, https://uniregistry.com/, https://www.dynadot.com/, https://www.afternic.com/, and https://www.namesilo.com/.
Godaddy.com is an industry leader in domain name selection and purchase. It has a user-friendly interface and a reputation built over the years. It has a vast selection of domain name options, including popular extensions like .com, .net, .org, and niche-specific choices. It has an intuitive search, suggestion tools, user aids, and a simple registration process for both new users and their domain names. Its entire functionality is aimed at simplification of work and choices. It also has one of the market-best prices, occasional promotions, and various additional services, such as website hosting and security features, which make it a one-stop-shop for individuals and businesses.
Another popular marketplace for domain name selection is namecheap.com. People often resort to it as a secondary choice after GoDaddy. These platforms have pretty much the same functions although they slightly differ. GoDaddy’s most vivid strengths are comprehensive services, integrated hosting solutions, and the global nature of its brand. In its turn, NameCheap Company is focused, in addition to domain selection and registration, on the affordability of prices, simple interface, and free WhoIs protection.
Other listed companies offer similar functionality but they may not be the best in pricing, selection of domains, their registration, and running.
Domain Valuation and Pricing
Not every domain name is created equal. It is a matter of market value when the best domains are bought and sold for huge money because of their simplicity, shortness, and catchy names. The factors that contribute to the monetary value of a domain name are:
- The level of the domain. For instance, such a name as ‘name.com’ is the first (top) level name. The second-level name would be name.hosting-organization.com, where ‘hosting-organization’ is an added word that shows that some company hosts websites under their domain name of the top level. There also can be other levels, such as:
The lower the level of a domain name is, the cheaper it usually is (up to being free of charge).
- The functionality of the website. Such websites as gambling/betting venues usually demand a large disk space on hosting servers, super broad bandwidth, multiple simultaneous connections, a lot of functions to run various analytics (both technical and gambling), and extra tools for security, data leakage prevention, constant uptime, data reserve copying, etc. All these factors increase the cost of hosting, which can be anything between thousands and millions of dollars per year. The biggest gambling/betting venues host their websites on their own and have an in-house team of specialists who monitor the workability of the website(s) because it is cheaper and safer that way than to outsource. The domain name does not have a direct influence on these costs but the functionality of hosting does.
- The content of the domain name affects the price of its purchase or establishment: the length in characters and words, domain history, its historical and potential popularity, and availability of alternative options of names (an example of the latter is domainname.com and domainname.org/ domainname.xyz/ domainname.online/ domainname.web).
- Some hosting and domain name providers, as well as legislative limitations of some geos provide for the impossibility of usage of some domain name extensions by commercial and especially gambling facilities. That is, .org or .edu endings of names may be absolutely impossible to use by gambling/betting venues, only allowing .com, .net, .xyz, etc. Thus, even if these ‘tails’ are free to use technically, they still might not be used in practice for a casino or a betting club (which increases the cost of usage of other ‘tails’). Analogical limitations are set for government-reserved ‘tails’ such as .gov, .state, etc.
- If a name has a high potential investment value, it will also likely affect its cost. One thing is to want to buy a name for regular usage in business and another thing is to acquire and hold it as an asset growing in value. That also will be taken by marketplaces into account.
- Whether a domain name has trademarks or specific words in it. Using those will link a website to this TM only, thus, decreasing its value.
- Market potential given its linguistic value and other factors in specific geos.
Not all domain name marketplaces sell all available names. It is often the case that some attractive name is only available at some marketplace while being absent at another. To check the availability and estimated price of names, it’s necessary to check them on every marketplace, such as here.
We know it is hard to estimate the cost of the domain name to establish a correct budget for its procurement without any data. To have a clue about the approximate cost of a domain name selected for potential use, it is possible to find it out by using specialized online tools such as Domain Appraisal by GoDaddy. Using that tool and others of the kind, it is easily possible to estimate the market value of your competitor’s names as well as the cost of their competitors. That tool also shows the cost of comparable domains, if a name is easy to remember, how good its extension (‘tail’) is, and other important data.
Negotiating and Closing Deals
Research is key. Before starting negotiations about the purchase of the selected domain name(s), one shall understand its market value and perspectives from the business standpoint for a specific gambling/betting venue. Here, like in all other negotiations in business, several rules of thumb apply:
- start with a reasonable but slightly conservative offer to leave room for negotiations
- discuss all important aspects of the procurement and applied services, like hosting, SSL and HTTPS technologies, technical support, disk space, uptime, upgrades, etc.
- communicate professionally, highlighting your interest but leaving room for other options so as not to seem too desperate for what you need
- be prepared to justify your offer and extinguish the objections
- consider creative deal structures, like installment payments if the budget is tight
- patience is crucial: negotiation and contract signing may take time.
Transferring and Registering Your Domain
This part of the process of acquiring a domain name and making it up and running is more of a technical issue. After signing a contract on a new/selected domain name with a registrar and paying for it, a new owner shall receive all data about its admin panel and other accesses that are required for technical functionality and maintenance of the website. Information exchange is usually done by email between the buyer and the registrar. Modern registrars, such as GoDaddy and NameCheap have dedicated technical teams and account managers that are able to help with the website up and running even if a website owner has little to no knowledge about this part of the work. However, though, it is very advisable for a gambling/betting venue’s owner to have a dedicated team of technical and technological experts who can practically handle all the issues of the website’s establishment and functioning.
Transferring an existing domain name usually comprises steps like unlocking the domain, technologically transferring it between the owners, and approving the transfer at a new registrar. After the transfer, it is usually required to update the DNS settings, secure and configure the domain, set up the functioning of the website’s content with a new domain, and keep an eye on regular technical renewals and updates. Of course, one has to make sure that a team of a hosting provider performs its contractual obligations and delivers the uptime of the server (which must be within agreed limits) and all other technical parameters of the website. In case of failures or other serious events, there must be direct and agile communication between the technical teams of a hosting provider and a gambling/betting venue’s owner.
Ensuring Legal Compliance
Legal considerations have always been a huge part of gambling and betting businesses. It becomes more complicated when a company operates internationally because it implies that there must be legal work done to ensure that a betting or iGambling company does not infringe the law in not one but multiple markets. The infringements are not only associated with gambling/betting activity as is but also with the usage of names and trademarks, which can be protected in some geos while not being protected in other geos.
A trademark can be a name, slogan, sound, combination of letters and/or numbers, design, or logo. Laws protect TM usage to owning companies, who can act nationally or internationally. Thus, before one goes to a market with a new name for a gambling/betting venue, one shall always check whether such a name is already in use anywhere across industries in this country or multiple countries. If so, one shall seek ways to avoid the usage of the same TM to avoid legal troubles and court cases. And since in many geos, it is not important that you work in a casino industry while the owner of that TM might work in a completely different industry — if the TM is protected by law, it can become a precedent for a court case independently of the industries, which might result in the case of your loss in court into fines, prescribed change of the name, revocation of gambling/betting license until fully complying with the local laws, reputational losses, etc. Thus, it is better to avoid all that troubles in the first place and, when entering a market with a new name or expanding into a new one with an already existing name, the legal team of a gambling/betting venue must:
- check the availability of the name and non-infringement of any trademarks
- contribute to having a good and law-friendly domain name
- make sure they comply with gambling/betting laws of every geo they’re in
- obtain the gambling/betting license to legally operate in every geo and pay local taxes.
While there are extremely expensive gambling domain names over there, which are worth tens of millions of dollars, the loudest gambling/betting domain sales were not so costly. The most expensive sales to date were the 5.5-million-worth sale of casino.com and the sale of slots.com of the same evaluation.
Casino.com was sold in 2003 by a casino software provider Boss Media. Now, it is owned by Gibraltar-based company Mansion, which over the years built casino.com into a new brand of online casino business. It is not a gambling/betting venue’s website; it is an aggregator of information and infotainment website, featuring information about the US online casinos and their games.
Slots.com was sold in 2010 at an online auction. Today it is used by a Latvia-based gambling venue that had had slots.lv domain name before acquiring this domain.
These sales are followed by:
- $4.7 million for ig.com
- $2.5 million for gambling.com
- $1.4 million for vip.com
- $1.35 million for ebet.com
- $1.18 million for scores.com
- $1.1 million for bingo.com
- $1.0 million for poker.org.
There are also hundreds of sales cases for amounts lower than $1 million (with at least 4 dozen sales amongst them for costs within the range of $0.1-1 million). Some of these are casino.de, online.casino, jackpot.com, bettingodds.com, onlinecasino.co.uk, horseracing.co.uk, poker.mobi, and lottery.net.
Investing in a premium casino domain is a strategic move towards online gambling or betting success. A memorable, coherent, and relevant domain enhances brand visibility and credibility, which improves customer trust and decreases advertising costs. It establishes a strong online presence and contributes to marketing effectiveness. That’s why it is important to run a gambling/betting venue with a premium casino domain name. Contact our company’s specialists right now to make the first step in acquiring this asset.