GamCare, a UK-based non-profit organization dedicated to helping those affected by gambling harm, has released its Annual Report for 2022-23. The report reveals that the organization is currently receiving the highest number of calls in its history.

In the past year, GamCare received a total of 44,049 calls or chats to its National Gambling Helpline, representing a 4.7% increase compared to the previous year and the highest number ever recorded.

Additionally, 38,456 treatment sessions were provided, which included 9,009 Extended Brief Interventions (EBIs). Of those who participated in an EBI course, 92% successfully completed it, and overall, 71% of all users completed their treatment.

Margot Daly, Chair of Trustees for GamCare, expressed her satisfaction with the organization’s progress in supporting individuals affected by gambling harm. She emphasized the importance of making treatment and support more accessible and delivering high-quality services that can positively change lives.

The report also provides insight into the demographics of those seeking help. About 68% of individuals reaching out to the helpline identified as male, 30% as female, and 2% as transgender or representing other genders. The majority of people (87%) sought assistance for their own gambling issues, while the remaining 13% sought help for someone else’s gambling problem.

In terms of education and outreach efforts, 64,372 individuals completed a gambling awareness training course, including a notable 60% increase in young people attending gambling awareness workshops compared to the previous year.

GamCare remains committed to its mission of reducing gambling harms in Great Britain and looks forward to expanding its impact in the coming year, building upon the vital work carried out by the third sector.

Leave a Reply

Interested in our Solutions?


    Interested in our Domains?


      Contact