Among all the existing companies dealing with casino software development, Microgaming takes a special place. It is one of the giants of the industry with more than 60 rewards obtained by now (from EGR, Global Gaming, Casino Beats, Malta Gaming, MiGEA, etc.). The brand is responsible for hundreds of successful releases. Its headquarters is on the Isle of Man.
What is Microgaming?
It’s a software-developing firm working in the iGaming industry. The developer appeared in the market in far 1994. That year, the provider released the 1st Internet casino software on the globe. In 2004, its own Poker Network was established. And the following year, the giant released its innovative mobile casino software. The history of the provider is full of significant events and discoveries. The company is a pioneer in the creation of renovated game mechanics and options integrated into the products.
The developer has licenses from various authorities including:
- The United Kingdom
- Malta, and many other well-developed regulated gambling markets.
Being a well-known developer, the company is additionally a founder of eCOGRA accountable for the certification and testing of Internet casinos to ensure their fairness.
Who owns Microgaming?
The founder of the firm was M. Moshal. By now, the CEO is A. Clucas. The company has an impressive number of employees, which exceeds 200 people. The provider applies innovations and modern technologies to create advanced products and to meet the requirements of punters and web casino operators.
Microgaming is an independent company. However, throughout its history, it has acquired many other firms (for example, Quickspin).
The developer is known for more than 700 iGaming products. About half of them are developed with modern technologies (HTML5) and accessible on computers and mobile devices. There’re diverse categories of options available in the catalog:
- Table games
- Sports betting
The 1st officially certified pokie of the brand was Lara Croft: Tomb Raider launched in 2004. Two years later, the developer introduced its most prominent function known as Mega Moolah, which is now integrated into a wide range of Microgaming slots. The number of slots by now is more than 300 and it keeps growing.
All products are characterized by high-quality graphics, unique options & bounties, and diverse themes (myths, movies, fantasy, history, etc.). It’s an interesting fact that the developer managed to break a record with significant jackpot payouts.
Along with pokies, the developer also creates table games (mostly roulette & blackjack) and excellent live dealer products.
Slots, which the company creates, are characterized by unique features:
1. Mega Moolah. It was originally just one game with the largest jackpot. Later, the option was added to many other products. There’re 4 types of rewards punters can occasionally win – Mini/Minor/Major/Mega.
2. Medium RTP. The most famous products have an RTP of 96% on average.
3. Number of paylines. The developer offers diverse pokies, which might have over 100 lines. However, their number is 20-25 on average.
4. Sequels. The provider is known for many successful products, which then obtained continuations. The prominent examples are Lara Croft and Thunderstruck.
5. Free spins (FSs) and extra rounds. All pokies from this provider offer FS rounds. Many of them also provide a chance to activate bonus games and enjoy greater rewards.
6. Megaways. Adopted from BTG, this mechanic is effectively used by Microgaming. The reel size can change, while the height of every token with every spin can transform. As a result, the number of winning ways reaches 117,649.
The most worthwhile products are:
- Lara Croft: Temples and Tombs
- Bonanza Megaways
- Immortal Romance
- Big Bad Wolf
- Game of Thrones, etc.
New products are launched almost every month.
The developer cooperates with many world-known brands and companies. Their partners include SOFTSWISS, Triple Edge Studios, Switch Studios, Stormcraft Studios, Pulse 8 Studios, Alchemy Gaming, SlingShots Studios, Neon Valley Studios, DoubleUp Group, and many other companies.
There’re many reputable gaming facilities on the web powered by Microgaming software or offering their products in the collection – Betway, 888casino, All British, etc.